ROCK STEADY BOXING
About Rock Steady Boxing
We are learning every day that there are ways in which people with Parkinson’s disease can enhance their daily quality of life and even build impressive power, strength, flexibility and speed! By exercising with coaches who know the ropes, you can fight your way out of the corner and start to feel and function better. Boxing works by moving your body in all planes of motion while continuously changing the routine as you progress through the workout. These classes have proven that anyone, at any level of Parkinson’s, can actually lessen their symptoms and lead a healthier/happier life. Call us today!
CALL TO GET THE SCHEDULE AND JOIN OUR CLASSES
Must have a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
- Rock Steady Boxing Forms.
- 1 Hour Assessment for all new boxers performed by our Personal Trainers must be completed prior to starting class.
- Will be required to purchase their own boxing mitts and gloves – available here– One time investment or until they wear them out!
- Certain medical conditions may require physician clearance.
“Is this class for me?”
- Has your physician cleared you for exercise?
- One of our Personal Trainers will conduct a one-hour assessment to determine the level of RSB that best meets your training needs
What a participant can expect:
Rock Steady Boxing’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s Disease through exercise and positive social interaction.
What Do I Need to Bring?
- Bring your own water bottle. We’ll have plenty of water for proper hydration.
- Your boxing mitts and gel gloves.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothes that allow you to move freely. Shorts, t-shirts, sweatpants, yoga pants – whatever allows you to move.
- Gym shoes are preferred.
- 60 Minute Assessment
- 8 One-Hour Classes Classes
- MAX 7 participants (must have 5 for class to make)
$265 PLUS Boxing Gloves & Mitts (approximately $38)
This is how it breaks down:
- $70 – 60 minute Assessment (first time attendees only)
- $110 Classes ($13.75/60 minute class)
NONREFUNDABLE if you choose to leave the program.
Other Notes about Rock Steady Boxing:
- No one is too old to participate!
- There are 2 levels of classes. Exercises are always modified based on participant’s ability.
- The Mission: To improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s Disease through exercise and positive social interaction.
- If Parkinson’s Disease and its symptoms are not met with RESISTANCE, the disease will likely take the path of least resistance, progressing more rapidly than without exercise intervention.
- Most people who participate have never boxed so don’t let inexperience prevent you from joining!
- Many people with Parkinson’s Disease can be self-conscious about their symptoms. RSB was created as a safe haven for people with PD to share a sense of community, re-establish confidence and to not feel alone as they “fight back.”
Volunteer for Rock Steady Boxing
If you are compassionate, enjoy helping others, and can commit to 3 hours per week, we would love to have you as a volunteer for our Rock Steady Boxing Classes. If you are interested, please click on the Volunteer Application link below for more information, or call our office at (803) 649-9797. Thank you in advance!