SPORTS INJURY REHABILITATION
Sports Injury Rehabilitation Program
This program is for you if you are trying to reduce pain and restore sport-specific athletic function capabilities. By using the latest technology with professionally trained therapists, our services often makes our clients stronger and faster than before.
Even if you have not had success with other treatments this program is for you.
Although most sports injuries take place due to overuse, it isn’t just as simple as “doing too much”. We want to treat the injury first and foremost, but we also want to identify and treat the root cause of the pain. Very often this is due to our bio-mechanics, or the way we move our body.
Many athletes tend to use the wrong muscles, put joints in the wrong position and not do things in the correct sequence, this will cause abnormal stresses that eventually lead to injury. We take pride in taking importance when it comes to thoroughly investigating a number of these factors that pre-disposes an athlete to injury and intervene so that you recover from the injury as well as prevent any future injury recurrence.
Everyday movements are more complex than we give credit to and athletic movement is dramatically more so. Also we cannot just look for, and treat chronic pain, we must look and provide care for the root cause. For example, most of the elbow pathologies we see in throwers come from significant muscle imbalances back in the shoulder blade which cause translation of excessive acceleration and deceleration stresses to the elbow. A stronger shoulder blade will control these forces. A keen eye to help identify these imbalances is a vital part of what we can provide at South Aiken Physical Therapy. However, as any athlete knows, minor problems can greatly impede performance and safety.
Benefits of Our Elite Athletic Injury Program:
- Start seeing immediate results.
- Avoid lingering effects of injury.
- Reduce the risk of re-injury.
- Faster recovery period.
- Regain confidence and strength.
- Increased flexibility & movement.
- Sleep better.
- Restore maximum range of motion and pain free movement.
- Maximize muscular strength, endurance, and stability.
- Improve overall function in daily activity quickly and safely.
How long before benefits are realized?
The more chronic and severe the condition, the longer it takes to respond.
Sports injuries usually will take around 2-6 weeks to fully recover (Enough to return to the sport). Improvements with South Aiken Physical Therapy should be both immediate results to progressive recovery. True chronic problems can take due to degenerative changes in the tissue and more severe muscle/movement imbalances to be corrected.
Be Wary Of:
- Clinics that have you return for several visits without seeing improvement.
- Therapists that just treat the injury without fully examining you for factors contributing to the injury. … Clinics that discharge you from care without doing sport-specific training and testing.
- Places that leave you to exercise on your own and do not pay close attention to your technique and movement form. You do not want to reinforce bad habits and even small variations in an exercise will greatly change the muscle recruitment.
Why Act Now?
The longer you wait the more serious your problem may become. Athletic injuries need early intervention so that they can heal timely and properly without excessive scar tissue and other undesirable consequences such as muscle weakness and loss of athletic movement quality.