South Aiken Physical Therapy is committed to providing a quality learning opportunity to students who are equally committed to learning and furthering their education. As such, we have imposed very specific methods to screen all students prior to offering a position to volunteer, observe, intern or undergo a clinical affiliation with us.
For those students wishing to volunteer or observe, or USC-Aiken Exercise Science students wishing to intern, please submit the following information via email to:
- A resume’/current curriculum vitae
- A cover letter detailing the following:
- Your specific goals in volunteering, observing or interning at South Aiken Physical Therapy
- Specific number of hours you desire to complete
- Specific schedule that you desire
Your information will be reviewed by our staff and someone will contact you within 2 weeks of submission of your information and notify you of the status of your application.
For Physical Therapy, Physical Therapist Assistant and USCA Exercise Physiology Students who have been approved for internship or clinical affiliation, you will need to provide the following when you report on your first day:
- Current CPR proof
- Current TB test results
- Hepatitis B vaccine proof
- Current HIPAA/Universal Precautions Education Proof
In addition, you will need to review the South Aiken Physical Therapy Student Handbook and be familiar with its contents (click on file below).